Monday, August 31, 2015

Rescue Me From Sinking Mire


But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord.
    At an acceptable time, O God,
    in the abundance of your steadfast love, answer me.
With your faithful help rescue me
    from sinking in the mire;
let me be delivered from my enemies
    and from the deep waters." Psalm 69:13-14


The Silver River is extremely high again this year. It has invaded the back yard creating a bit of a mess. In order to get to the river's edge, one must trudge through the muck and mire, sometimes sinking up to one's knees. But, the important thing is that we will, in fact, be able to get to the river's edge; to the place of promise. We may have to trudge through some sludge; a bit of muck and mire; but, the goal is well worth it.

Even as we find ourselves journeying through a lot of muck and mire in this world, we know that God hears our prayers and answers. In His time, out of the abundance of His love, He delivers us from our enemies, even if our enemy is our self.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: