Monday, October 29, 2012

Psalm 16 - Apart From Him We Can Do Nothing

With David I say to the LORD: “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.”  (vs 2 NIV) God has truly been good to me.  I will not say there have not been rough times.  There were some real tough ones.  There still are.  But, no matter what happens, I know that the LORD is at my right hand.  He is at my side, protecting me, guiding me.  He has filled me with joy in His presence.  He has blessed me with eternal pleasures. 

There is nothing more pleasant, more joyful, than walking, living, in the presence of God!  In the immortal words of Mikey:  "Try it, you'll like it!" 

We have had an extraordinarily pleasant week-end, blessed by the LORD.  Our youth helped lead Worship yesterday morning.  It is always so awesome to see their joy as they participate in serving the LORD.  Zoey received the Sacrament of Baptism, as the children and the whole family of God welcomed her into the Body of Christ.  We ran out of bulletins!  That's a good thing!  And, in the afternoon at our annual benefit concert for Toys for Tots we ran out of space, as usual.  We overflowed into the narthex and the library.  The concert is ecumenical - people of every denomination and congregation gather together to glorify the LORD with their musical gifts and people of every denomination and congregation in the area gather to hear it.  The concert was a huge success!  It produced over $4,000.00 in monetary offerings and toys for children of the area.  Thanks be to God!

God has blessed this people with many gifts.  We have some outstanding gifts of music.  But, the greatest gift He has given us is love - love for one another and love for the one who first loved us. 

We give thanks to God for all His gifts - for apart from Him we can do no good thing.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: