Friday, October 19, 2012

Psalm 6 - Lord, Have Mercy!

Despair!  David prays, "Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint; heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in deep anguish. How long, Lord, how long?" (Ps 6:2-3 NIV)

Like David, we, too, often find ourselves in a state of despair, with no where to turn.  Well, actually there is one to whom we can turn.  We bow before the LORD and pray, "Have mercy on me, Lord!"  This prayer, for me, usually sounds like this:  "Lord, have mercy.  Christ, have mercy.  Lord, have mercy." 

And then it ends:  "Thank you LORD, for in your mercy, you have heard my prayer and answered." (see vs 9)

I don't always see the answer when I thank the LORD for answering.  But, I am confident that He has answered it.  God is with me.  He is with you. He will deliver those who trust in Him.

May the peace of the LORD be with you always.  Pr. J

No comments: