Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Isaiah 33 - No One Will Say I Am Ill

"No one living in Zion will say, “I am ill”;
and the sins of those who dwell there will be forgiven."  (Isaiah 33:24 NIV)

Will that not be a wonderful day! When no will say that I am ill.  I am having one of those days when it is hard to focus, again...  Since last week, when I did some hospital visits my thoughts keep turning to this prayer: "Heal them, LORD, please!" One of our Sunday School teachers had a stroke a couple of weeks before Sunday School ended. It was quite severe. He has become bed-ridden. He is a wonderful man - a great teacher! He is constantly in my prayers and I often wonder why God won't heal him. I visited a few others in the hospital this past week, as well.

What is causing my real lack of focus today, though, is a lack of sleep. I spent most of the night at the emergency room with my 14 year-old granddaughter. She had been screaming out in pain. Instead of coming home, we slept in an extra bed at our Adult Foster Care in town when we finally left the emergency room as that would give us at least an hour more sleep before we had to get up. The emergency room Dr. did not figure out what was wrong with her. She was sent home still in pain; although, it was dissipating and she was able to finally sleep. The orders were: no Tylenol as that would exasperate her already elevated liver enzymes and to follow-up with a Dr. of her choice. There's the kicker.... Dr. of her choice. She has been trying to find a female doctor that will see her for over a year. She is rather shy when it comes to things like that. Not much luck at BCMH - lots of administration to go through to see a Dr. if you're not already a patient. We tried last fall to set her up with one, but it got so complicated we finally gave up.  I am waiting on a call now. We shall see if we will be able to get her medical care at BCMH or if we're going to need to drive to Portage or Bell Memorial. BTW - she does have good insurance so that is not a factor.

So there's my focus today. I am waiting for the day when no one living will say, "I am ill." Then we won't need Dr's or nurses, or hospital administrators, or Obama Care...

God's Peace - Pr. J

P.S. Later.... She now has a female Dr. at BCMH.

No comments: