Monday, June 17, 2013

Isaiah 46 - God's Will Will Be Done

False idols are burdensome. They do nothing but add weight to the burdens of the animals that carry them and the people that worship them. But, the LORD carries our weight, our burdens. He bore the weight of our sins on the cross for us.

So which is preferable to you to bear the weight and the burden of a false god or have the one true God lift you up and carry you? "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."" (Joshua 24:15 NIV)

Remember too, that there God is God. There is only one and no matter what false gods you choose to worship, it will be God's will that will be done and not ours, not any will of the false gods that we might worship. Of course, truth be said, false gods have no good will for you or anyone else. They can help no one.

“'Remember this, keep it in mind,
    take it to heart, you rebels. 
 Remember the former things, those of long ago;
    I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
I make known the end from the beginning,
    from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
    and I will do all that I please.’
From the east I summon a bird of prey;
    from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that I will bring about;

    what I have planned, that I will do." (Isa 46:8-11)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: