Saturday, June 22, 2013

Isaiah 51 - Corner of Eden

Sunrise over Silver River, Huron Bay, Aura, MI
"Listen to me..." (Isa 51:1,4 NIV) The LORD reminds us to listen to Him and we will be comforted. By listening we will know joy and gladness. We will know justice when we listen and hear His instruction.

The LORD promises us blessings, if we but listen to Him. Listen to His promises; listen to His direction and we will know the way that we should go. We will be comforted no matter what befalls us. The LORD will provide a place of comfort and peace where we can and will recognize His awesome presence. It will be as if the Garden of Eden is restored.

I think that I have finally been settled down to the place where I will die (of course, I thought that about Jacksonville, NC at one point, too - who can tell what God wills for us). Every now and then I think, maybe I have been here too long. For most of my adult life, I have averaged a move every two years, so at times it seems strange not to be moving. But, this place would definitely be hard to leave. Our home is quite small and we have looked at larger places across the bay. But, the looking doesn't last long. God has found the perfect place for me. Not too far out, but far enough. It's definitely not crowed here and the people in the community are really great. Wildlife and lots of trees surround me and sunrise over the bay is most generally awesome. Our own little corner of Eden right here on earth...  There is rarely a day, after work, that the drive on the winding road home does not inspire me to thank God for this place of peace.  It doesn't matter what season it is. Winter, spring, summer, or fall; it is all good and brings joy and gladness; peace to my heart and soul. It is a place of rest.

Listen to Him... The LORD knows what is good for you and even what you desire. He will provide.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: