Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Isaiah 54 - Your Maker Is Your Husband

Now, here is one for those who find themselves alone a lot. At least I relied on it, a lot, in my younger years, when my husband spent more time away from home than he spent at home. We figured it out once. In 21 years, he was gone at least 3/4's of the time. That is, he was either in the field, on a ship, in training in some other country, or on an 18 month (or longer) deployment somewhere. We didn't even begin to count the overnight duties he pulled. The life of a military spouse (and their children) can get pretty lonely. Fortunately, I had two sons with me. Any other relatives were about a thousand miles away. I turned to the church so that our sons and I would have family. It was by wading (or waddling) through those years, that I have come to believe and know that there is a blood that is thicker than blood. It is the blood of Christ that is shed for you. I believe that it was this alone time that opened up the door to my seeking the LORD on a closer and more personal basis (or maybe it was finally opening the door and letting Him in). It was during one of the loneliest times that I finally came to know Jesus as my Redeemer. It was in preparation for an even lonelier and most desolate time that I finally met the Holy Spirit (face to face, so to speak). I spent a lot of time over the years affirming Isaiah 54:5-8 (NIV) for myself. It brought much comfort and ultimately, it helped me to learn to love and trust in the LORD more fully. Maybe it will help at least one of you, so I share it.

For your Maker is your husband
    the Lord Almighty is his name—
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
    he is called the God of all the earth.

The Lord will call you back
    as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit—
a wife who married young,
    only to be rejected,” says your God.
“For a brief moment I abandoned you,
    but with deep compassion I will bring you back.
In a surge of anger
    I hid my face from you for a moment,
but with everlasting kindness
    I will have compassion on you,”
    says the Lord your Redeemer.


God's Peace - Pr. J.

 

No comments: