Saturday, July 6, 2013

Isaiah 65 - God Calls Even The Lion And Wolf

“I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;
    I was found by those who did not seek me.
To a nation that did not call on my name,
    I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.’" (Isa 65:1 NIV))

The LORD chose us. He chose to reveal Himself to those who did not know Him, even those who did not seek Him. God does what He does simply because He is God.

Verse 24 tells us "Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." Often as I finish a prayer rather than say something like: Lord, in your mercy, hear my prayer; I thank God for in His mercy, He has heard my prayer and answered. That is, I use the past tense, knowing that God has already accomplished it. God knows what we need. He knows what we want. He knows way in advance of us even knowing it. Therefore, we confirm that He has heard our prayers and answered even before we asked. We may not be able to comprehend that answer at the time we ask it, but we are confident that He has heard and answered. That's just God. He can do that. We cannot.

He can even cause the wolf and the lamb to feed together, the lion to quit preying on others. Imagine that! Nothing is impossible with God! After all, look what He was able to accomplish through Saul, that is St. Paul! He makes peace within His kingdom. He reconciles even the most unlikely characters simply because He is God and that is what He chooses to do.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: