Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Jeremiah 9 - We Are Not Him!

"This is what the Lord says:
'Let not the wise boast of their wisdom
    or the strong boast of their strength
    or the rich boast of their riches,
but let the one who boasts boast about this:
    that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
    justice and righteousness on earth,
    for in these I delight,'
       declares the Lord." (Jer 9:23-24 NIV)
 
Well, this one is a good one. I'm thinking of all the people who do not want to hear anyone boast in the LORD. People really don't seem to want to know that you know the LORD. Frankly, I think it scares them. It is better (some think) to boast in what we have done and stay far away from any talk about a God who does all things through us.
 
I have made a lot of friends in my lifetime. I have also made a lot of enemies. Not all those enemies were made because of my boasting in the LORD. Some of them were made simply because they know who it is that I know and; frankly, they fear Him. They do not want to know Him because getting to know Him might just upset the high opinions they have of themselves.
 
There is a God and we are not Him.
 
God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: