Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Zechariah 5 - Problems/Wickedness

I am on vacation; but, no, I did not take a vacation from this Bible Study Blog. It appears that we are missing the days from December 25, 2013 to January 1, 2014. I wrote them, but I also just moved them back over to Jeremiah. Linnea just let me know that somehow after chapter 4 of Zechariah, I jumped back to Jeremiah 5. Guess, I just wanted to stay with this project a year or so longer...! This, I think, is what happens when one leads three evening worship services, gets home at 1 a.m., sleeps for a very few hours, and gets up to focus on anything. I got lost! Forgive me and thank you, Linnea, for helping me to see the problem!

In Zechariah's vision today, the woman sitting in the basket is a major problem! She is "Wickedness." Two angels (women with wings) carry this basket to Babylon (Shinar) to build a house for it. Wickedness is to reside in Babylon, presumably as a punishment for the captivity of God's people.

We all make mistakes. Some can be fixed quite easily; others not so easily. Often, I find myself praying "Please, LORD, let not my mistakes be the cause of trouble or pain for others." On this New Year's Day, let us consider how we will approach this new year. Will we take care not to make mistakes that will damage others?

God's Peace - Pr. J

P.S. If you want to see what I wrote since Christmas morning 'till now you will have to go back and start at July 14th. There you will find double entries for some of the chapters of Jeremiah :)

No comments: