Sunday, May 18, 2014

Luke 10:25-37 Who's Your Neighbor?

Luke 10:25-37 NIV
I have moved around a lot! I have a had a lot of neighbors; some good, some not so helpful. By what degree do I discern whether a neighbor is good or not? Basically, it comes down to a motherly instinct. It comes down to whether my neighbors treated my children or grandchildren fairly.

If you want to irritate me quickly, go up against a child (not just mine, any child). That does not mean that I will not care for you and pray for you. It simply means I will protect those who cannot protect themselves (children, seniors, handicapped, etc..). I think that most mothers are like that and fathers, too. To be a good neighbor treat your neighbor's children with compassion and mercy. Do not hinder them; but, help them.

Love not just your neighbor as yourself; but, your neighbor's children, as well. Remember, it takes a whole community to raise up a child in the way they should go.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: