Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Luke 9:28-36 Mountain Top Transfiguration

Luke 9:28-36 NIV
I've read the Holy Bible a few times now. Each reading brings more questions. One I'd like to ask about the mountain top experience of Peter, James and John is how they knew that the two men talking with Jesus were Moses and Elijah. There were no photographs in those days. Maybe, Jesus called them by name? That's just a question that runs through my mind every now and then...

Anyway, Peter, James, and John are pretty excited to see Jesus, Moses and Elijah talking together and to be there with them. They really don't know what to do. Peter wants to know if they should put up shelters for them - busy work, I guess. But, then "While he was speaking, a cloud appeared and covered them, and they were afraid as they entered the cloud.  A voice came from the cloud, saying, 'This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him.'" (vss 34-35)

Listen to him! Listen to the Word of God.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: