Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Law Turns Us To The Good News

Deuteronomy 23
Wow!  Tough one for me today for some reason...  I guess the law is tough, after all.  It divides (categorizes?) people  and this chapter definitely reminds me that the LORD had called Israel to be a separate people, to be His people. 

Verses 21-23 bring to mind various vows that I have made, that I am still working on fulfilling.  It makes me very nervous knowing that I have not yet succceed in fulfilling them.  Dreadful thought:  "What if I never can fulfill them?"  It causes me to thank God for Jesus!  For in Him, all things are possible.  And if by chance these rash vows that I have made are never fulfilled through me, I have the promise that through His death, through the sacrfice of His blood, I have been forgiven my sins and receive the promise of eternal life in the Kingdom of God. 

The law certainly has a way of driving us to the Gospel for relief!  Without the Good News of Jesus Christ, I would be lost and condemned, but with it I have been reconciled in the Kingdom God as His child. 

Thanks be to God for sending a Savior to take away the sins of the world!  I confess that I am guilty of the shedding of His blood.  I thank Him and am eternally grateful that He loves me enough to sacrifice Himself for me and for you.

No comments: