Friday, December 30, 2011

Listen To Him and Live

Deuteronomy 32

The words of Moses` song given that the people might remember what God had done for them; that it may be well with them and that they would live long in the land that they are entering.

Moses will not enter the promised land. The rest of children of Israel will, but not Moses, nor will Aaron enter the promised land as they had broken faith with the Lord in the wilderness of Zin. Aaron has already gone to be with his kin. And... Now it's time for Moses to join Aaron in death. But, as to the rest... They live... We live... What kind of life will we live?

It's about 24 degrees F outside this morning. The ground here is blanketed in crisp white. I went for a short walk when I woke up, hoping to do something to change my morning rituals to something that might be a bit healthier that I might live a bit longer in the land the Lord has given me. There wasn't anything moving out there. I saw some deer and snowshoe rabbit tracks. But, nothing moving - not even birds nor coyotes or wolves either, which I thought was a positive thing for an early morning stroll alone in the wilderness.

The LORD has given us His Word - a Word to live life abundantly by in the land that He has given us.

Listen to Him and live!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: