Friday, December 23, 2011

Marry Your Brother-in-law!

Deuteronomy 25

I am sure glad I was born in the 20th century!  I care for my brothers-in-law.  In fact the brother next to my husband has spent countless hours out here with Howard remodeling this house, cutting down trees, landscaping.  He is always here when we need help.  But, marry him if something happened to Howard, I think not...  I understand the times were much different and women needed to belong to someone just to be able to have food to eat.  I am pretty sure though, that I am not the only woman alive who is quite grateful that we live today rather than at the time of the early Israelites. 

This is short today and I am late writing this as we just got home.  We had a great anniversary visiting relatives including the brother-in-law, whom I am most grateful for.  Thank you for all your greetings and wishes.  God's Peace be with you all.  Judy

No comments: