Friday, November 13, 2015

Hunter's Dinner and Fellowship

I have  been doing a lot of peeling lately. Every fall, I can expect to go out to my car after worship and find gifts of bags of apples. I make apple pies, baked apples, apple bars, and applesauce out of them. I usually share the applesauce as Christmas presents. It gives me a good excuse to stop and visit people who I normally would not and who are not members of my congregation.

This morning, members of my congregation and I am sure some visitors will be gathering together to peel potatoes and rutabagas. We are preparing for our annual Hunter's Dinner which is tomorrow. I am looking forward to spending this time sitting around buckets of veggies and just communicating with others that I don't usually get to spend too much time with. Tomorrow is the eve of the first day of the Yooper Holiday known as deer season. We will celebrate that event as we gather together in fellowship over a meal in the church basement with visitors from near and far that we have not seen since the last hunting season. We will share many stories. But, most importantly we will give thanks for all our friends who return annually to our community and take the time to come and fellowship with us.

We give thanks to God for all of His children and the opportunity to know and love them.

God's Peace - Pr. J

P.S. The only hunting I do is with a camera or at the Hunter's Dinner. That would kind of be like fishing for people. Fellowship while peeling potatoes or at a community dinner is an awesome way to share you lover for Jesus and his love for all people.

No comments: