Thursday, November 19, 2015

Refrain From Strife

It is honorable to refrain from strife,
    but every fool is quick to quarrel. Prov 20:3

Lately I have been biting my tongue and restraining my fingers from typing words that are best left unsaid, an awful lot, in order to keep from quarreling with some who appear to be provoking quarrels and strife. It is not always easy for me; but, I do try. Every now and then something slips through my lips or the tips of my fingers and I am confessing that sin before the day's end.

The world appears to be in quite a mess right now. ISIS has caused and continues to cause much devastation. But, it's not all that helpful for those whom ISIS threatens with death to be fighting with each other. There are way too many conflicts going on all over the world (there always are) for any country or people to expend any more time or energy stirring up more conflict amongst themselves.

Is it not time for us to refrain from strife and quit quarreling amongst our brothers and sisters here and around the world so we can focus on taking care of the imminent and very real dangers that ISIS is bent on bringing?

I am fortunate to live in a country where we have freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and a whole lot of freedoms that many in this world do not have. I am very disappointed that we often take those freedoms for granted and use them to cause strife and quarrels. Instead of being thankful for these freedoms we abuse the privileges by using them to cause more strife and quarrels. We do not have the time to argue with or slander one another; we have way too much to do. There is enough suffering in the world without adding to it.

I do not think that I will be repenting of this blog by this day's end.

May God help us to live and work in unity to protect all whose lives are being torn apart and even ended.

God's Peace - Pr. J 

No comments: