Saturday, November 28, 2015

Walk in Integrity

The righteous walk in integrity—
    happy are the children who follow them!
A king who sits on the throne of judgment

    winnows all evil with his eyes."
                                                Prov 20:7-8

My grandchildren are growing up and I am growing old. One word that they have heard from me an awful lot over the years is "integrity." I have admonished them many times to "walk with integrity" and to "speak with integrity." That is to not embellish stories so that the stories fall apart once the details of the story begin to be questioned and to not be creating drama for drama's sake.

I usually do not remind anyone other than my grandchildren to walk and talk with integrity. But, that is not because I don't want to. I simply don't feel that it is my place or that it will do any good. My grandchildren, though, I have major amounts of hope for so I remind them of the way the Lord would have them go so that they might have peaceful and fruitful lives. The "others" usually just get the "eye." My grandchildren also know about the "eye." Many times over the years, when my eldest granddaughter and I have been together, she has asked me, for no apparent reason at all: What?" I will respond, "I didn't say anything." She complains that I looked at her with that "eye." That is usually when I start wondering and questioning what she is up to; what she is planning that she doesn't want me to know about. I do this because I care about her life and her future and not just life in this world; but, in the Kingdom to come.

The righteous are those who are cleansed by the blood of Jesus and because he abides with and in them, they will desire to walk in integrity, to walk in the way of his truth. Happy are the children who follow those who walk in integrity. Happy are the children who follow Jesus.

May God keep you in his truth, talking and walking in integrity.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: