Wednesday, June 13, 2012

1 Chronicles 15 - Dancing and Singing

Again, the story of David having finally bringing the ark to Jerusalem.  (2 Samuel 6)He confirms that the LORD had been against them the last time because they had sought to bring it in a manner that was against the rule.  This time it will be carried by the appropriate people, that is the Levites. 

It was a time of great celebration!  There was much singing and dancing as they celebrated the return of the ark.  Even King David was out dancing in the street.  His wife, Michal, saw him and dancing and despised him. 

I often sing and dance, not only during worship, but, also as we prepare to worship and sometimes after..  It's not the jumping around kind of dancing, more like gently swaying to the music.  When people are around, my granddaughter likes to appear greatly embarrassed when I do this.  I am not sure if she is really embarrassed or just likes to find something to complain to me about.  I do this less these days, as her embarrassment and comments have kind of curtailed some of my joy.  I don't sing intentionally..  The reality is that it is a natural reaction to the joy I feel within.  Joining together with others to worship God can be very contemplative, but it also brings to me a feeling of hope, of peace, and ultimately joy.  Thanks be to God that He has called us to worship and serve Him!

May God grant that we should all and always joyfully worship and serve Him! 

No comments: