Saturday, June 30, 2012

2 Chronicles 3 - 4; Temple of God

Sorry... For some reason this morning's blog didn't save - must have been bogus or I need to quit working on 2 computers at the same time.  That's probably more multi-tasking than I need to be doing :)  Soon and very soon, I will retire the old computer.

Solomon builds the temple and the vessels for use in the temple inside.  As in 1 Kings 6, there is a lot of detail included in the description.  It is hard for me to imagine the immensity and the beauty of this temple.  Every time I read these description, I am trying to calculate, in my head, a cubit as about 1 1/2 feet and a cubit as about 75 pounds. 

As hard as it is to imagine what this temple looked like, it is even harder (impossible) to imagine the magnitute and magnificient of the temple that was raised when Jesus the Christ was raised from the dead.  Just try to imagine this glorious temple - the Body of Christ.  It is beyond the scope of our imaginations.  It is beyond words.

It will be, I am sure, easier to post this successfully!  God's Peace.... Pr. J

No comments: