Friday, June 15, 2012

1 Chronicles 17 - Thanks For The Journey!

"Who am I, O LORD God, and what is my house, that you have brought me thus far?" (17:16)  From shepherd to prince, what a journey!  And... to top it all off, God is making some pretty decent promises about what the future has in store for David's son, as well.  Now that would be comforting... to know that your children's future is secure and that they will live in covenant with the LORD.

Every now and then, often, but maybe not often enough, I, too, look back at my life and wonder, "Why me?  Who am I, LORD, that you would guide me to the place you have brought me to, today?"  It is amazing to look back and know that God was with you every step of the way, every single day.  David's life was not easy, nor was it perfect.  Most of ours has not been, either.  But, I can look back and say, "No matter where I have been, no matter what I have done, you, O LORD, have had a plan for me and you have guided me in the way that you would have me go.  Thanks be to God for His mercy is great and His love endures forever!"

No comments: