Monday, June 18, 2012

1 Chronicles 20 - More Bullies


Seems I get to talk about big bullies, again, today. 

There was man of great stature, who had six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot.  He was descended from the giants.  Just a little intimidating!  David's brother, Jonathan, struck him down when he taunted Israel.

I am only 5'1" and shrinking... Years ago, I had this boss who was an ex-pro-football player.  He was quite intimidating to many, especially to many of the youth at the correctional facility we worked at.  I was told that his stature was quite large.  I always thought he was pretty average.  Others saw him as a larger than life football player.  I never saw him that way (for one thing - I'm not into football).  I always saw him as pretty average.  I remember talking to him about his over-use of assertiveness (he was my boss - but he was also a bully) when dealing with the teenage boys we were suppose to be helping.  He was sitting at his desk.  I was standing in front of it, looking down at him.  He didn't seem so large to me.  His bullishness didn't work for too much longer.  He lost his job not long after that, for excessive use of force with one of the teens.  Bullies really don't win.  They may appear to have the upperhand for awhile.  But, they are really smaller in stature than one would think and they normally lose in the end.

May God help us always to remember that it is not size that matters, but what is right in His eyes.  May God help those who resort to bullying live in peace with their neighbors.

No comments: