Monday, September 3, 2012

Job 1

We are up to one of my favorite books:  Job!  I have read Job probably more than any other book of the Bible.  It helped me immensely when I was much younger to get through some pretty tough times.  Job's were tougher times!

I can relate well to Job's praying for his children.  For Christian parents, it comes as naturally as breathing.  If anything will keep you in perpetual prayer it will be your children and their children!

But, Job has lost his and yet he does not blame the LORD.  Rather, than blame God, Job praises Him, saying:

“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
    and naked I will depart.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
    may the name of the Lord be praised.”     (Job 1:21 NIV)

I also can't count how many times I reminded my children and now my grandchildren of this.  The LORD gives us life and He can take it.  Live the life that He has given to you.  I usually add something like "Use it or lose it."  Yes, I can be kind of a crabby grandma! 

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy Job.  It is one of my favorites. 

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: