Thursday, September 13, 2012

Job 10 - Dark Night

Job continues with his lament.  But, he is now confronting God.  Why?  Who can save me?

We ask these questions a lot through our lives.  At least I have.  In fact, these questions and the circumstances leading to them are, at least, in part what has lead me to follow (as well as I can with the help of God) in the way of the LORD.  It's not an easy journey.  I know that, as to the answer to the whys, I will never know.  But, I do know who can save me.  My life, your life, is in God's hands.  We may suffer in this world, but there is hope.  There is always hope in the ultimate - the reconciliation with God our Father and Creator - in His eternal Kingdom - through Jesus Christ our Lord - by the power of the Holy Spirit.

As long as we have breath, we will journey, at times, through the "Dark Night of the Soul."  But, when the night is darkest, that is when the light is most bright, that is when the Son shines the brightest.  That is when you will feel His presence most securely holding you.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

 

No comments: