Friday, October 30, 2015

It Is All Good

Moose snuggling in Aura
And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures of every kind: cattle and creeping things and wild animals of the earth of every kind.” And it was so. God made the wild animals of the earth of every kind, and the cattle of every kind, and everything that creeps upon the ground of every kind. And God saw that it was good. Gen 1:24-25

One of the perks of living in the woods is getting to experience the wildlife around me. I have lived in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for more than half of my life; but, up until yesterday I had never had the opportunity to see a moose in its natural habitat. Early yesterday morning, I saw two; both a bull and a cow. They were hanging out a little ways form my home. They looked very much at peace with one another and the world around them. My presence certainly didn't bother them. I was able to take many photographs as they ambled from the river's edge toward the clear-cut they've been hanging out in. They were in no hurry as they stopped to snuggle together every step or two. It was very good.

It wouldn't hurt to take a lesson or two from them. Even though they can move quite quickly when necessary; they usually move at a slow and steady pace, at peace with one another and the world around them. 

It's all good.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: