Sunday, October 25, 2015

Kat

Kat
Kat was my shadow for about seventeen years. I did not dare leave her for too long. If I left her overnight any where or with any one, she would cry tears of grief. It's been a few years since she died; but, I find myself still grieving from time to time over the loss of this little companion.

We all suffer losses of one kind or another throughout our lives. Kat was with me through many of my losses. I have been told that when stress or grief begins to affect our health we should pet our dogs. It will have a calming effect. It does. Kat was with me through a lot of hard times.

Kat is no longer here. But, someone else is and always has been. Jesus is with me and he is with you. When grief threatens to overwhelm us there is one to whom we can turn who will not only comfort us; but, also, offer us real hope. He promises that he will be with us always. We are never alone. Jesus is with us today and tomorrow and for all eternity.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: