Sunday, July 1, 2012

2 Chronicles 5 - Music!

Wow!  I can just imagine the celebration when the ark was brought into the temple!  I can just imagine the music!  I love music! I forget how much I do, because I don't listen to much of it any more.  Mostly, I listen to the birds sing and the frogs croak. I like the silence.  And... I'm not terribly impressed with much of the music today. On my Facebook page this morning I had two songs done by a young man, Marshall Codd.  They were two Scottish songs.  Now I like that stuff and it was very good to hear him sing again!  It has been a few years since I've had that privilege.

Later this month (July 29), Zion Lutheran, Skanee will have their annual music fest.  I always enjoy that musical event.  I will be on vacation, but I definitely plan on being around for the musical.  I think the thing I enjoy most about it is the opportunity to hear local people praise the LORD with their music.  It never ceases to amaze me who our choir enlists to provide the music.  And... it is for a good cause.  The concert is a benefit for St. Vincent De Paul, L'Anse, MI.  St. Vincents is the local food pantry administered by the Catholic Church and assists those who are in need in Baraga Country financialy, as well.

Praise the LORD with instruments and your voices.  Let the world know:
     "For he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever."  (vs 13)

No comments: