Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Dark Days and Nights

It's been quite a few days since I have seen the sun. I have never quite gotten use to living in so much darkness. The winds blew; the rain came down along with a bit of hail all day yesterday. A little before 8 p.m., the power went out. I have been living in this home long enough that I can navigate around it without any light. I figured I should take advantage of the darkness and lay down for the night.

It was so dark that whether my eyes were open or shut, it made no difference. All was dark. Yet, even in the deepest darkness there is no reason to worry or fear. God is with us. The light of Christ abides in all who believe. He will help us to navigate through the darkest of places. In Him we can live and rest in peace.

The sun is not yet up this morning and I'm not really expecting to see it today; but, the light of Son, who is Jesus the Christ will always shine. Let us rejoice and be glad for even in the darkest of nights, the Light does shine.

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,
    which shines brighter and brighter until full day.
The way of the wicked is like deep darkness;
    they do not know what they stumble over.
Prov 4:18-19 NRSV
 
God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: