Monday, December 21, 2015

Where Did Monday Go?

 

"And He said to them, 'The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.'" Mark 2:27-28 NKJV

A lot of people really dislike Mondays. But, on most Mondays; lately, I have had to keep reminding myself that it is actually Monday. My Sundays have been so busy lately that by the end of the day it feels like I have completed two days and I totally want to move on into Tuesday. Although, it feels a bit awkward; it is a good thing. By Saturday, I have actually been able to take a Sabbath rest. I can spend most of the day just being in intentional communion with God; studying His Word and praying. This is a very good thing for me. It helps me to prepare for the first day of the week; which is not Monday; but, Sunday.

I do not despise this first day of the week. I do not really have much time to think about it. I just follow the daily planner and keep on moving. But, I do thank God for the day of rest that He gives me on Saturday so that I might be refreshed, so that I might be reenergized, and ready to go very early on Sunday morning. As Jesus tells us, the Sabbath was made for us. May God help you to all find time to spend solely resting in Him.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: