Friday, December 4, 2015

Hibernating Like A Bear?

Like An Old Bear
Tis the season... Tis the season for me to want to sleep a lot. When winter rolls around, I start thinking and acting like a bear. My mind and body keep telling me to "go to sleep." I do not want to go outside when the sun is not shining or when it is cold outside. I just want to hibernate. I need the light.

But, life goes on and there is no sense in sleeping our days away. Our hours are most valuable. We only get so many in this lifetime and then they are gone. They are like the pennies found on the ground. Some would walk by them thinking them worthless. Yet, others might collect them and amass a small fortune. Every minute of our lives is valuable. They add up to hours and days and years. They add up to a life-time. Grasp those minutes and hours and do not fetter them away.

Fortunately, I have enough to do, deadlines to keep, to keep me awake during most of the day. I still get up early; but, I lie down to rest much earlier every evening or I can get a little ornery, just like an old bear.

There is a time and a season for everything under the sun. (Eccl 3:1) We need our rest; but, not so much as a bear. We also have been given life, so let us life it and not squander it away.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: