Thursday, December 3, 2015

Protect Us

I know some of my congregation must wonder a bit when I share a prayer that I pray daily. You see, I pray many prayers from scripture daily and they must wonder how I have time to do that much praying. I am able because I get up between 4:30 and 5:30 every morning so that I can spend alone time with God before I attempt to start the day. Rest comes not only from sleep; but, from being in communion with God.

Some of my prayers are for friends, and family. Some are for the congregation, the community, the world. Every morning and sometimes more often, I pray the Lord's prayer and the Shepherd's Psalm; not just for myself, but, for all whom I know. Every morning, I begin by thanking and praising God for all that He has done and is doing for us by recalling the various names that He is called by.

As I listened to the news this morning, another prayer that I pray daily for family and friends came to mind. Deliver us from our enemies, O my God; protect us from those who rise up against us. Deliver us from those who work evil; from the bloodthirsty save us. Psalm 59:1

The enemy prowls about and so I pray:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace. Num 6:24-26

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: