Saturday, December 5, 2015

Jesus Has Got Our Back!

As I walked into Walmart with my youngest granddaughter yesterday; the lights began to go out, one bank after another. My immediate reaction was to look around for danger and for a safe place. This is the way I think. Not sure why. Well, actually, I have a good idea. But, that would take a book to explain. 

I noticed after the lights went out and back on a couple of times, others in the store seemed a little more wary, as well. I wondered what everyone was thinking. My granddaughter expressed concern, a couple of times, that all of the meat in the store would spoil. She hoped that they had a back-up plan so it wouldn't get wasted.

My family gets a little irritated with me at times because of my need to consider all possible outcomes when certain things crop up; but, I just happen to think that an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure and after this many years that attitude is not going to go away.

When considering our path to a greater relationship with God, I do not think it imprudent, to consider the steps we are taking or the dangers that surround us. Are we going in the right way? Have we stepped into a pit of snakes? Will we lose our way if we take the step we're considering. There really are no back up plans; there are no alternate routes to the Kingdom of God. Jesus is the only way. He is God's original back up plan. Be prepared. By faith alone, in him, you shall be saved.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: