Monday, December 14, 2015

Wisdom of the Elders

Arlene's wisdom has helped
to guide me for 17 years.
"The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom,
    but the perverse tongue will be cut off.
The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable,
    but the mouth of the wicked what is perverse."

Prov 10:31-32 NRSV

The wisdom of our elders should not be neglected. It should be listened to. It should be heard. I admit, I did not listen well when I was young. Yet, it still amazes me that so many will not listen to the wisdom learned through the life's lessons of the elders is neglected. Instead, many turn to their peers or even those who are much younger who have experienced even less than they have. I am not discounting the knowledge or the wisdom of the younger people. I am merely wondering why we would ignore what has already been proven.

Much grief would be averted if we listened to one another; especially if we listened to those who have already learned life's lessons.

May God open our ears and our hearts to hear and receive wisdom so that we might live abundant lives in righteousness.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: