Monday, July 9, 2012

2 Chronicles 13 - Rely on the LORD

The children of Judah prevailed over the children of Israel because they relied on the LORD God.

I can`t even begin to count the number of times I`ve heard tragic stories and in hearing, knew that the problem stemmed from relying on their own desires rather than on the Lord.  My own life attests to this, as well.  Fortunately, I learned this lesson a long time ago.  Yes, every now and then, I lapse.  I fall back and get into trouble.  I`m getting better, day by day, at recognizing this.

It just sems to make life a whole lot easier when we rely on the LORD, rather than ourselvesor other false gods we can dream up for ourselves.

Have a blessed day, as  you go forth trusting in  the LORD.

For those who are wondering how my trip is going.  We almost made it out of Michigan, but ending up stopping just before the border of Ohio.  My shoes are wonderfully wet...  Seems my youngest granddaughter poured water in them while we were all sleeping.  I'm thinking she has a few lessons to learn about respecting others or she is going to have a pretty rough life ahead of her.  :)  Fortunately, I have an extra pair.

No comments: