Monday, July 16, 2012

2 Chronicles 20 - God Is With You

"For the battle is not yours, but God’s." (20:15 NIV)  This is what the prophet Jahaziel told Jehoshapat and all the people as they prepared for battle and as he promised that God would handle it. They were not to worry. The victory and the glory would be God's.

What a wonderful reminder this morning, that the glory belongs to God, not us.  I'm thinking today is a good day to remind you all, that what I writr is not gospel. They are opinons, stirrings of the heart that occur when I read scripture.

The purpose of this blog is much like our Bible Studies at Zion Lutheran, Skanee.  We read scripture together, we share what we hear from the word of God.  We don't always hear the same things so it can make for some very interesting conversations as we share what we understand, what we hear from the scriptures.  The Spirit speaks to each of us according to our circumstances, experience and many other things.  The word speaks to us according to our needs.  It is what Dr. Karlo Keljo often taught as the "Miracle of Hearing."  Sometimes, I might hear things that has nothing to do with you and you may be left hanging, thinking, "what is she talking about!" 

So, today, I'm putting in my disclaimer.  I make mistakes. I am human.  And... sometimes my bias' show up in what I say or right.  I am terribly fallible and I pray often that when I really mess up, God will not allow my mistakes to harm others. So, I pray He will do the same with these blogs, as well.  That they will help you to keep on track reading the scriptures; that the Spirit will open your ears and hearts and minds to hear what the LORD would have you hear, not necessarily what I write or say.

Sometimes there are things going on in my life that I need guidance on and so the Spirit will open up the word to help me where I'm at. I'm not always coming from the same place that you are.  But, thanks to the LORD, our ultimate destination is the same! 

And... God will be with us.  God is with us in our battles, guiding us, supporting us, giving us wisdom and strength.  The battles are really not ours, but God's.  He gives us the victory through Jesus Christ our Lord.  He may use the hands and feet and hearts and minds that He has given us, but, ultimately, it is God's work that God does through us.  God gets the glory!

“Give thanks to the Lord,
for his love endures forever.”  (20:21)

No comments: