Tuesday, July 3, 2012

2 Chronicles 7 - Fire Came Down and the Wind Blew

I'm running a bit late this morning...  Fire came down from heaven last night or maybe it was the wind and split my apple tree in two, with half of it laying on the ground.  The power has been out since 1:30 a.m..  Since, I still had stuff left in the church basement to haul to St. Vincent DePaul's from the youth rummage sale, figured I'd come to the church and work for a bit. 

Before I went to bed last night, I said a prayer:  thanking God for my little home that He gave to me out in the middle of the woods and at the mouth of a river.  (You will hear a lot about this place from me - I love it and thank God everyday for it!) Thing about the location is that when it rains real hard the water comes right up to the back door.  That's not necessarily all that bad.  When the power goes out and we have no water, because the pump on the well won't work without electricity, I can step off the back deck and take a bath.  The lightning was flashing so steady last night, I didn't even need a flashlight to get around the house.  Each bang and boom from the thunder was joined with the sound of may other thunderous claps - made for quite a concert.

The rain and lightning don't bother me much.  I suppose if the lightning struck something I was about to cook (as in the reading today) that might bother me and yeah I'd probably fall on my face and start praising God pretty quick, too.  What bothered me a little more than it usually does, were the high winds.  I really do live in the woods.  I have huge cedar, pine, oak trees (to name just a few) surrounding my little yard.  I mean "really big" as in 70 to 80 feet tall. So tall the eagles like to sit in them and watch out over the bay.  Well, if one of these come down and my little home, it and I would be smooshed.  So, before I fell asleep, as I watched them swaying in the wind, I thanked God for the home that He has blessed me with and asked Him to keep it intact throughout the night. 

When I woke up this morning, the water was up to the back step, but the roof of my house was still on.  No huge trees down.  The only thing on the ground, beside for a few branches, was half of the apple tree which I just asked my husband last week to prune :)

God is good.  He is very, very good.  His steadfast loves endures forever!

P.S. I pray that God has kept your home and you safe throughout these storms we've had of late.

No comments: