Thursday, July 19, 2012

2 Chronicles 23 - Calm

"...All the people of the land rejoiced, and the city was calm, because Athaliah had been slain with the sword." (23:21)

Finally the people have peace.  The evil-doer has been removed.  The temple of Baal has been torn down and the priests have been put in place to lead a right worship of God.  They have repented and turned to the LORD and the people know calm.  They know peace.

Peace... that would be a good thing for the land to know.  But, certain things had to happen in order for the people to know calm.  Certain things have to happen.  Evil doers - those who stir up trouble - those who worship other gods - must change their ways or be kept from leading the people in the way they should not go.

I am anxious this morning for the peace I know among God's people in Arvon Township.  Whenever I leave the area, I am reminded of how fortunate I am to be able to live in peace among His people.

No comments: