Tuesday, July 24, 2012

2 Chronicles 28 - Evil

Too much war....  Way too much destruction!  The sins of these ancient kings is beginning to be a bit overwhelming for me.  I don't care to watch this much violence on television.  The thought of all that evil in ancient days is beginning to make me a bit nauseous and by the children of Abraham no less...

I have seen a lot in my lifetime, but the evil that King Ahaz did, as well as other kings of that time, is just too much.  It is beyond words.  Not that these latter days have not seen men and kingdoms follow in these evil ways.  But, it is beyond my comprehension, how so much evil can dwell in one man, in the people, who listen to him and follow him?

How can humankind be so blind, so compassionless, that they will persecute, enslave, murder their brothers and sisters.  These were afterall, children of Abraham.  And... we are children of God, we are brothers and sisters in Christ.  Whom will we persecute today?  Whom will we love even as God loves us?  Whom, which god, will we serve?  "...But, as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."  (Joshua 24:15) 

“Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD."  Joshua 24:14

No comments: