Thursday, November 8, 2012

Psalm 26 - Begging For Vindication

David seems to do a lot of begging for vindication.  I wonder if God gets as tired of hearing it as I do.  Chapter after chapter gets a little much.  But, I hope and trust that God never gets weary of hearing our pleas.  There have been times in my life (even now) that I  pray for vindication.  I just pray that the enemy would leave me alone already!

There are times when we try to work with people or help them and we find out in the end that they have no desire to be helped.  We find ourselves entangled as the Psalm says, with those whose hands have a sinister scheme, and whose right hand is full of bribes. (26:9-10 NIV) It is terribly saddening to find that one we would help has been planning all along to destroy us.  But, it happens.  It is an age old problem.  There really is nothing to do about it, but to stand firm in our faith. Trust the LORD.  As David prayed for relief, we might find ourselves praying:

Vindicate us, LORD.  Redeem us and be merciful to us. Keep our feet standing in on even ground; on a firm foundation. (vs 12)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: