Friday, November 23, 2012

Psalm 41 - Trust In The LORD

"Even my close friend, someone whom I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me." (vs 9)

The Psalm today reminds me of the story of Job. Not only have the Psalmist's enemies turned against him, but his best friend, as well. 

I use to be one of the most trusting people around.  I trusted everyone.  Sadly, life hardened me a bit. OK, maybe,more than a bit. I learned to trust no one.  But, life's challenges can be a good thing and I finally had to turn to the only one who can be trusted completely.  I finally got to a point where I realized that the only place I could place my trust was in God.  By trusting in Him, it is much easier to trust others because I know that no matter what happens, God is with me. Nothing else really matters.  The good news is that once you recognize and accept God as the One in whom you can place your trust, even your whole life; then peace flows like a river and you can reach out, once again, without fear, to your neighbor.

Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting.  Amen and Amen. (vs 13)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: