Friday, November 16, 2012

Psalm 34 - The LORD Answers

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me..." (34:4 NIV)  And... He will answer you, too. 

I often hear the cries of those who feel lost and alone.  They do not know where to turn for help.  I only know of one place where there is genuine relief to be found.  As a Marine's wife, I spent a whole lot of time alone, raising our children.  We often joked that my husband spent more time on ships than many of the sailors that we knew. It wasn't really a joke, though, because he did.  Where to turn when you're a young wife and mother far from home?  There is, there was, only one place and that was to the LORD.

I could lament the years I spent alone, but instead I rejoice in them.  If it were not for those years, far from family, raising sons, taking care of a household alone, working, and going to school at night, I might not know the LORD.  I needed help, so I sought the LORD, and he answered me. God, through my family in Christ at Calvary Lutheran in Jacksonville, NC, helped keep me going.

Seek the LORD.  Knock and the door will be opened.  (Matt 7:7)

"I will extol the Lord at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
I will glory in the Lord;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
let us exalt his name together."  (34:1-3)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: