Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Psalm 52 - Good To Be Around Goodness

We went toy shopping last night for Toys for Tots.  I usually avoid shopping as I find it rather frustrating to be around so many people. When you get crowds in department stores, one usually gets to witness a lot of rudeness and disrespect. Last night; however, was different.  It was a very good time.  There were only a few toy aisles that a whole bunch of us were trying to shop in, yet it was a very pleasant experience as everyone helped each. The employees at Shopko were wonderful to work with.  They kept smiling even when the computerized cash register jammed up!  We were all there for the same purpose - a good purpose - to serve the children of this county.  It was wonderful to be among people who love good rather than evil, truth rather than falsehood.  It is just good to be around goodness.  So, why is it that so many would rather boast of evil; who would practice deceit?

I am somewhat of a hermit, living out here in the wilderness.  There are times when I really have to force myself to leave not just my home, but even the community.  I love this place.  It is, for the most part, quiet and peaceful.  Last night, when we pulled into the yard, there was a deer lieing down by the back porch. She raised her sleepy head when she saw us.  It is good to be around goodness.  This place is a retreat for me from having to deal "head on" with all the evil in the world.  Of course, I have to leave it often.  But, when I am here I can rest as I am reminded of the goodness that God intended for us.

Do not reject His good will.  Do not reject His Holy Name.  But, give thanks and praise in the presence of His people and hope in His good name. 

It is good to be among God's faithful people.

God's Peace - Pr. J

"For what you have done I will always praise you in the presence of your faithful people.  And I will hope in your name, for your name is good."  (Psalm 52:9 NIV)

No comments: