Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Psalm 59 - Dance and Sing Praises!

Whoa... Yet, another lamentation!  How blessed I feel this morning not to be able to understand where such a desire for vengeance could come from. 

I fell asleep with music in my head, last night.  I don't listen to a lot of music.  There's a conflict in my house over which genre is best so music isn't played much in the home, any more, especially when we're at home at the same time.  That doesn't mean I don't enjoy it, though.

Last night, as I feel asleep, the "Lord of the Dance" (lyrics by Sydney Carter) kept playing in my head. 

   "Dance, dance, wherever you may be
   I am the lord of the dance, said he
   And I lead you all, wherever you may be
   And I lead you all in the dance, said he"

And this morning, the song swirling around in my head was a Garth Brooks song, "Standing outside the Fire."

   "Standing outside the fire 
   Standing outside the fire
   Life is not tried, it is merely survived
   If you're standing outside the fire"

Waking up to music in my head, for a change, gave me a bit of food for thought.  Why?  Doesn't happen much.  And... these two songs?  Why?  Was I, am I, in danger of stepping outside His refining fires or dancing outside the fire of His Love.  Or... maybe the Lord of the dance is trying to lead me farther inside the fire?    And... wondering what kind of journey that might be. 

We ponder our journey in this world (at least I do).  What does it mean?  No matter where we are led, as we follow in the footsteps of our LORD, may God help us to complain less and sing more, for He is our strength and our fortress, our God in whom we trust.

"You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely." (Psalm 59:17 NIV)

God's Peace - Pr J.


No comments: