Thursday, December 6, 2012

Psalm 54 - God Is My Help

"Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me."  (Psalm 54:4 NIV) That is a fact.  I am not ashamed to say it.  In fact, I will proclaim it.

I remember as a much younger person, after I had finally turned around and began trusting in the Lord to be my helper, there were those who accused me of using "church" as a crutch.  I was a little offended at the time because the accusation was really being used to attack me by people who claimed to care about me. If felt hurtful. According to these "arrogant" friends, it was for my own good that I would quit using God as a "crutch" and stand on my own two feet. Well, today, I have no qualms in saying; without the Lord's help, I would fall.  God is my help.  The Lord is the one who sustains me.

I would have never made it through all those early years if God had not been with me.  I will praise the name of the LORD, for it is good! Thanks be to God, for He delivers us from all our troubles.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: