Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Psalm 53 - Ignorance Is Not Necessarily Bliss!

I have to admit, I sometimes lose it when people tell me that there is no God.  All I can think are things like (and have actually said on occasion): "Are you stupid, or what?"  "Do you really want to deny Christ?"  "Not a good idea!  Not a good idea, at all!" 

My reaction to being told that there is no God, really depends on the person, the time, the place and the Spirit. I can be more graceful when it is called for.  It all depends....

I remember one recent conversation. My response was something to the effect of:  it really doesn't matter whether you believe in my God or not.  God is and His existence does not depend on whether you accept or deny Him, but your existence does depend on Him!  God does not need you to believe in Him.  You need Him.  There is no other salvation than the one who has come out of Zion.  Go ahead, turn away from Him.  Your rejection of this One, does not diminish Him.  It only diminishes you.  But, if you really want to live life - then rethink your position and repent! May the God that you don't believe in, rescue you from your unbelief!

So you don't believe in God?  Then we will pray for you.  Ignorance is not necessarily bliss. When the King of Glory returns to take His children unto Him, we will rejoice and be glad!  What will you be doing?

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: